Saturday, January 30, 2010

A Desert Island Series of Musical Interludes IX

The pressure is on. Only one more day of posts in my desert island ten. What will I wrap it up with. I dunno. Today however I stray far afield in my choice.

I like trance music and electronica. I have been listening to this edge of the music spectrum since the mid-1970s. I have my old Brian Eno LPs with titles like Music for Films and Music for Airports. Music for Airports is probably my favorite electronic piece of music. In recent years Moby has caught my interest.

It is funny I first heard the first of these two pieces on an early episode of Without a Trace. I fell in love with the song the second I heard it. There is something about the brightness to the sound of ambient/electronic music that really attracts me. I don’t dance but I do appreciate the grooves.

Sometimes it isn’t anything but the music that matters.

The second track is a really beautiful piece that is a fitting compliment to my reflections in these electronic pages.



No comments: