Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Quietude-Just Being Normal is Enough if Done Right



As I often quote him, I again paraphrase Merton. I have greater peace and am closer to the holy when I am not trying to be anything special, but rather when I am orienting my life fully and completely toward what seems to be required of a person like me at a time like this. What a powerful thought. It seems almost stoic as we use that term today. But what is being called for is more. The phrase is an urge to take action. We are to meet the requirements of a good life that only we can fulfill in the place of the world that only we occupy.

I really don’t have much else to say on this. For today I will try and do what is required of me and do it well. I will also try to reach out beyond my comfort zone and make something better, something I can fix.

No comments: