Monday, January 18, 2010

Monday Musical Interlude I

I have been haunted by this song for several weeks now. I have seen Richard Shindell a number of times. On my iphone I have a Pandora channel devoted to him. Some great stuff shows up on his channel, John Gorka, Guy Clark and Dar Williams to name a few.

For a couple of days this was the song cropped up as the opening tune. It is wistful and full of allusion and metaphor. I keep coming back to individual lines again and again. I am sorry that there really isn’t a better version of this out there to post. Still this is very pretty.



1 comment:

Lisa said...

I too have a pandora running all day at work, you have my email, please share your station. We should do coffee sometime and catch up. email and we can set it up. I have little time during the day to call, the new job keeps me busier than I ever imagined.