Saturday, January 23, 2010

A Desert Island Series of Musical Interludes II

Miles. Jazz. That is all that needs to be said.

When I heard this song the first time it was about 1 a.m. in a friend's dorm room. I had a beer in one hand and I really shouldn't have because I had more than enough that night. I had a Newport cigarette in my other hand. I think there were some candles lit and we were watching the snow come down over Brody Complex. As I took a drag off my cigarette and we commiserated over the fact we weren't getting laid that night this came on. At that point I knew I wanted to own a bar, a jazz club to be exact and I wanted to be there at closing while the musicians riffed while breaking down the equipment. Oh well I went a slightly different route. But each time I hear this I am right back there in that dream.

1 comment:

ONEWORLD said...

Miles gives me chills.