Monday, February 1, 2010

X- The Musical Interlude is Now Over

I am from New Jersey. I have traces of the accent. I definitely have the attitude. Here is one of the first Springsteen songs I ever really liked. I have a tape of part of the old Main Point concert with this on it. I love that version it really rocks. This however is fun and is more in line with the me of now.



And then there is the one I close with. Life is always at best an uncertain proposition. If you are blessed to have a relatively good life you forget the heartache, the sadness the real pain that lives just outside of the picture. No matter how much you try and deny it access it will eventually visit you. How you approach the pain and darkness that comes is important. This song always and I mean always moves me either to tears or to a thick throat feeling. I remember my father with love. We did not get along but I respect him more with each passing year. My hope is that this song at some point in the far distant future will move my children in a similar way.

I am just a human being and I wish I was slightly more adept at caring and acting with compassion.

No comments: