Saturday, September 20, 2008

Simple, Eloquent and So Intuitive We More Often than not Miss It.


A dear friend from those days before I became obese as a child, and from after, tries to keep a dialog going with me. However I am usually a lost cause and her efforts are in vain. Frantic, overwhelmed and self absorbed, I am a poor correspondent.

In recent days she passed on a piece that I had never seen. I delayed reading it until a late hour because it was long. However when I got around to reading it the old speech (it is said to be from the latter days of WW II) was quite an amazing piece of writing. It was worth the time to consider it from start to end.

As I went through the piece I would catch phrases that fully described moments and experiences I had seen and shared in. The author really addressed well why in many of our struggles for connection in this world we are often denied what we seek most, that is, a seat at what we believe is the prime table in the room. Maybe our desire is ill directed.

If you have a moment to spare, take the time to give it a read. It probably won’t change your life, but your mind and maybe your spirit will be rewarded.

http://www.geocities.com/bigcslewisfan/

And understand I do believe this has meaning in the context of the current election.

1 comment:

John and Vicki Boyd said...

When did you become a "middle aged moralist"? I mean, middle aged I understand.......but MORALIST??


IMmoralist, maybe.....