Monday, September 1, 2008

If Louisiana is a Boot….


So there we were riding along coming back from SC with two children in the backseat. There came a point where our GPS convinced us to take I-74 to I-69 because per its little brain it was the fastest way. It probably was but not by much. When we turned to follow this route we had to cross from Kentucky into Indiana then into Ohio and finally back into Indiana. When asked how this could be I offered up the comment that the southern tip of Indiana was like a boot. My oldest (now 13) opined, “Well then there must be two boots and two mittens in the USA.” He went on to say Michigan and Maine were mittens and based on what I had just said Louisiana and Indiana were the boots. Without missing a beat the youngest said, “I can tell you what Florida looks like… “I suggested in a loud voice he stop right there (because I know what I was thinking before he spoke up). Francie and the brother commenced to laugh so loud I think Francie was having trouble keeping the car on the road. 12 years old and his mind is working like this. Just wait until he sees a youtube clip of Buddy Hackett, there will be no stopping him. “So this guy and his family walk into a talent agent’s office….”

No comments: