Thursday, September 26, 2019

Tonight the Well is Dry.

Tonight writing is daunting.  Dashed off a letter to a friend. Think I spent my creative energy in that process.  Wrote another letter earlier in the day.  Pretty clear I owed an apology and so I made it. Third, I also wrote eight Orders from hearings I had held.  So, to sit and be creative tonight seems like a busman’s holiday.  

So what can I say in 10 minutes, the library closes in eleven.  First, people really do care what happens to other people.  You will now which ones when they approach you quietly and say something personal and supportive. Second, being postive always beats the alternatives.  It is easy to be bitter when life hands you a handful of poo.  However, if you act like a bitter martyr nobody will help you get it off your hands. Third, don’t send e-mails when you are agitated.  Never ends well.

Those are all the thoughts I have for tonight.  Now to go watch trashy Australian TV.

No comments: