Friday, October 11, 2019

Friday 10 Days On



A cup of espresso sits next to the keyboard.  So sits a carafe of “not from concentrate” orange juice.  The orange juice in carafe lacks pulp, why?  Bacon, sausage, eggs and scones sit on the table.  Golden hash browns are there too.  I will give my second son about an hour to get up and share in this feast prepared with love by his mother.  If he has not moved by then plastic containers and a return to the refrigerator will occur.

When a person like myself is moving at half speed the rest of the universe, well, the rest of the world of which I am a part does not stop moving. Things change in the sphere of the government and in the sphere of those reporting on the government.  Things change in the staffing of my office.  Things just change.  Me, in the daze I am in following surgery, I am just holding on tight to get through this stuff.

Right now I have a construction crew in my basement.  No, that is not a metaphor for the cells and healing of organs in my lower extremities.  I have an actual construction crew engaged in remediation of water damage from a busted pipe.  The guys that are here are bringing in machines to dry out my basement and to stop any expansion of damage.

The head of the construction crew is on the phone. It appears they are hiring a second company to take the contents of my basement away while they demo out the basement of all the damaged ceiling and drywall.  After that stuff is removed they will rip out the carpet and whatever else needs to come out.  Then we have to come up with a contractor to rebuild the finished room in the basement.

I don’t even remember seeing an albatross. It is hard to handle this stuff at half speed.

No comments: