Sunday, September 15, 2019

Onward we Journey.




Sunday Afternoon
09/15/19

16 days until my surgery will happen.  Scalpels and DaVinci surgery machines are becoming more and more of a reality to me now.  Up until now I have been able to keep the fears at bay, but cracks are beginning to appear in my wall of “So What?”  Yes, there is a sour acid taste in my stomach as I try and plot out the timeline; Now->Surgery->Recovery->Extended Stay VISA application->Finnancial plannng->Colonoscopy->Other medical follow up-> retirement. So much fear, so much doubt. Should I keep working.  Should I sell the house now.  What should I be doing, or rather what is the right thing I should be doing?

In trying to not piss off my boss I have been working very hard to catch up on all my outstanding work.  I have one old case to finish.  The reasons my cases get old is because they are messy. In the case I am working on that I just can’t seem to finish the person has mental health issues, a Court appointed Guardian and lots of drunk driving convictions.  As is always the case there is always someone who is willing to say he has an excellent chance of staying abstinent. Mental health treatment and the oversight of his life by his guardian have not kept this person from drinking and driving.  Still, saying what I have to say with tact is hard.  No is always hard, but it is even harder when you have to say no politely and circumspectly.

Today is a misty day.  Didn’t sleep well last night.  My sons were out late with their friends playing some kind of nerd games.  Knowing that tons of drunks would be on the road following a loss for the home football team I worried.  Sue me, I am a parent. Unable to sleep I watched a movie.  This usually is the perfect sleep aid.  Cheesy as it was that movie kept my attention.  Must have been Cheech Marin playing a priest. Really, the iPad didn’t hit me in the face once telling me to go to sleep.  And I found myself emptying the dishwasher and reloading it at 12:15 am.  As a result I am at loose ends physically and emotionally.  A good night of sleep is something to be valued.

Travel books sit on the table near me in the library. One is for Chile and the other Costa Rica.  Right now Costa Rica is in vogue.  Personally, I know a number of people who have made the trek to Costa Rica.  Me however, I have had no interest in Costa Rica.  

Now Patagonia that is something else altogether.  Patagonia there at thesouthernmost tip of South America, shared by Argentina and Chile, has always had an allure for me.  Divided by the Andes, Argentina and Chile occupy this region. On the Argentine side are found dry steppes, grasslands and deserts.  Across the mountains Chile has glacial fjords and temperate rainforest. Sounds like a wonderful place to explore. Doubt I will ever get there but it looks so inviting.

Much change lies ahead.

.

No comments: