Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Day 13 of 365 (Beloved Places)


There are some places I have travelled to in my life that will stay with me forever. They exist in the realm of if I need a short holiday from reality during a rough afternoon at work I can sit back and mentally go there for thirty seconds. Victor Hugo’s apartment off the Place des Vosges is one. A lovely spring afternoon with budding flowers and the green grass of the park will fulfill the flight of my artistic self when things get challenging. 



 Another place, and the one that is probably the default place, is East Sooke Regional Park on Vancouver Island. The specific locale is Ayland Farm. When you see the sight as you first come upon it you may not think it is much. But when you see the fields of gold spreading out in midsummer, when you see and smell the blossoms of the abandoned fruit trees and when you walk down the stairs to the beach you know this is a special place. If I am humming a song the default is “Mama Tried” by Merle Haggard. If I am day dreaming of my perfect day it is Ayland Farm.

No comments: