Monday, August 26, 2019

Happy Birthday John Lee

 
Today is my son’t birthday.  A number of year’s ago I would have stated, today is my autistic son’s birthday.  John Lee has grown so much.  

He is still autistic but his personality is defined by things far outside that box. He is a deep thinking individual with a unique perspective on life.  He enjoys international travel.  He enjoys his work for an internet service provider.  He is focused on graduating this term with a degree in computer science from Michigan State. He likes elk steak and hard cider.  He loves fresh octopus.  He even likes that little Japanese pastry balls with octopus in them.

I hope his life goes well.  A few years back I posted the item below on Facebook.  It still mean something.

Sleep well this night John Lee after a day of celebrating. May the four winds guide you as gracefully as they have guided me.

Ignorance is the curse of God, knowledge is the wing wherewith we fly to heaven.

.........

Each of us must do the things that matter 
All of us must see what we can see 
It was long ago, you must remember 
You were once as young and scared as me 

I don't know how hard it is yet Mamma 
When you realize you're growing old 
I know how hard is not to be younger 
I know you've tried to keep me from the cold 

Thanks for all you done, it may sound hollow 
Thank you for the good times that we've known 
But I must find my own road, now to follow 
You will all be welcome in my home

No comments: