Monday, July 22, 2019

Talking, it is What We Do

Just a thought.  I have been keeping this journal/blog/opinion space for 11 years now.  In reality it has not been a constant thing for me.  However, I have always returned here to spread my thoughts out.  Sometimes my finished ideas have been raw.  Sometimes, probably most times they have been nostalgic.Other times they have been wrongheaded.

But I keep coming back.  I enjoy putting words to paper.  I am not a deep thinker, I am just an average bloke.  But for over seven hundred times I have scribbled a few words onto  a scrap of electronic paper. I have then tied it to a rock called and blog post.  Finally with all my might I have thrown that missile through the wall of reality that separates you from me.

I have loved doing this.  When I put my heart and soul into a long piece, and it feels like I wrote something that is good, there is a feeling of joy I get.  I come from a long oral tradition, storytellers surrounded me as a youth.  I immersed myself in the storytellers of my world, the essayists, the talking heads on TV and people sitting beside me on the bus having that all too public phone call. I have absorbed it all and I want more.

We continue to exist as long as we communicate, as long as we hear and respond.  There will be more posts, not less.



No comments: