Friday, July 26, 2019

Blood and Alcohol are the Trump Cards Today

Today was a no mostly thought of cancer day.  I spent the day at a seminar learning, well actually confirming learning already done, about alcohol absorption. I mean the mechanics of alcohol metabolizing play a key role in my job.  Thus knowing how quickly after one stops ingesting alcohol the blood alcohol level peaks and knowing the rate at which alcohol leaves the body are key issues.  Alcohol leaves most bodies at about .018 BAC an hour.  But based on other factors it can leave the body at as slow a rate at .012 and as fast a rate as .030 an hour.  I can see your eyes glazing over. But to me this stuff is important.

Next week will be a big week.  Ann Arbor on Friday for a second opinion.  Detroit on Saturday for a concert.  I will go from facing the music to being transported by the music.  Decisions will be made soon.

Of course during the seminar I was attending I got two phone calls.  One was from a friend who is meeting me at this concert.  The second was from a pharmacist at U of M.  I have no idea what either of these calls were about.  I tried to call the pharmacist back but I sat on hold for 1/2 hour.  So much from the quick response time from U of M.  Carl was good but I am not sure it that translates across the system.

No comments: