Tuesday, May 16, 2017

The smell of rain


 As I head out this morning I am running a little bit late. The radio  said as I was waking up, we were having showers. I prepared for showers. After I finished my morning rituals of personal cleansing, shaving, and then preparing breakfast I set out to wear a Gore-Tex rain shell.

Getting to the front door the rain had stopped. I swapped out the rain shell or just a light denim jacket.

There is a smell after the rain that is just overwhelmingly beautiful and calming. My best guess as a word to use as a description is The air smells bright. The smell of the air is shining almost like the smooth feel of new stainless steel. The rain takes away the the dust and of The smells of all impurity, leaving only the aromas  of budding flowers and the green luxuriant growth of new grasses.

After the rain the world has had all it's imperfections washed away. The world, like all of us, needs a baptism from time to time.. 




No comments: