Sunday, May 28, 2017

Memorial Day




Sunday morning
. It's about 9:30 AM. The air temperature is just right. I have a Weight Watchers meeting at 10:30. I've decided to walk to get there. Because so many of the people I weigh in with run 5k races, I've set my fit bit to kilometers for the day. I want to see how many kilometers I walk in my average morning walk. Running just isn't about to happen.

Everywhere as I progress toward the meeting people are seen shoveling mulch. A couple of folks are in their yards with snipping shears. One gentleman is digging in his perfectly manicured front lawn. Why I inquire? He tells me he is fixing the sprinkler system.

Many houses have empty driveways. As I said the wealth of car top carrier's I saw the other day indicated up north was the weekend destination for many people.

Walking at 9:30 AM a lot different than walking at 7 AM. You feel the warmth of the sun. This is not a bad thing. Still a ton of dog walkers though. 

Two things caught my eye this morning. One was a flag hanging in almost a perfect Americana fashion. I love Memorial Day memories. The other was a purple bush. One shows appropriate respect for those who sacrificed. The other shows the glory of nature. Ah the fragrance as I walked under that bush. It was just wonderful and sense filling.

Have a good day my friends. Cook some burgers on the grill. Feel the sunshine on your body. Smell the flowers.


No comments: