Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Why Worry?

Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food and the body more than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?


Matthew 6:25-27


As I sat on my mat today I thought this very thought, can I add a day to my life by worry? Can I change anything by worry? The answer is no. I can be aware. I can be rational. I can observe the reality. Then I can opt for the path that is appropriate. However anxiety will not bring me health nor will it put money in my pocket.


I do not know what time is allotted to me. I do not know what fate is allotted to me. What I do know is that I have to live in the present and to make this moment one that counts. Clear my mind old man. Get focused and get moving. Live today. Live this moment and be of this moment.


I am sorry I have not written in a couple of days. Meetings, health, anxiety, all these things impact on what time I have to set things down on paper. Last night the school board meeting went late. Yesterday I was fielding phone calls about the meeting from the time I got up until I went to the meeting. The day before I just felt like crap. What does this all mean in the greater context? Probably nothing. It is time today to just live.



No comments: