Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Awaiting the Day's Challenges

Monday, January 28, 2013

The Tyranny of Reaction


When you aren’t run by reactions, you see things more clearly, and there is usually only one, possibly two courses of action that are actually viable. Freedom from the tyranny of reaction leads to a way of experiencing life that leaves you with little else to do but take the direction that life offers you in each moment.
- Ken McLeod, “Freedom and Choice”

Each morning I go seeking some guidance. The source can be the Bible, a tract or an e-mail delivered right to me. Sometimes, just sometimes, the piece hits the mark.

Tonight I am going to a very challenging meeting. I will have a copy of Robert’s Rules under my arm. My hope is that I can stay taciturn and aware. My additional hope is that the options are clear.

No comments: