Tuesday, January 14, 2020

What Do We Owe Each Other



14 January 2020

Today’s post will be a little be on the short side.  Mid afternoon I decided that I would go to the library and write before things grew dark.  Today’s thought has been one of moral philosophy.  Assuming we exist and that the material world is real, what do we owe to each other?  What are we morally obligated to do for others in this shared sphere of existence, that is what I want to know.

To get a handle on this I began searching for books on moral philosophy.  I ended up with one that was a library download.  This of course meant I had to download an application onto my iPad.  To do this I had to get a PIN from the librarian.  All of this ate up part of the hour I was going to put into writing.  

The book downloaded was a popular one.  It has a feeling of pop self help, but there are kernels in it that are catching my attention.  Trust me I will let you know what I think the more I get into it.

I will leave you with a music recommendation. I heard a band called The Dales yesterday.  I went searching for longer recordings than the single I heard.  I came up with an EP that was pretty wonderful.  It has the feel of Fleetwood Mac, together with some of the vibe of Austin alt country singers.  I am putting a link here to the EP.  Give it a listen.  Nice find. PS.  The photo is of my writing space.



No comments: