Thursday, January 2, 2020

Flying into the Unkown.

 

2 January 2020

A New Year has Begun

Yesterday I debated writing a piece talking about the start of the year.  However, having read notes online and articles in the major news sources of these days, it seemed anything I could offer would be redundant. Ergo, no January 1, 2020 post from gmanitou/Rufus Butterworth/me.

So today I have decided just to create another in the log pages of my life. Let me say this unequivocally,  I have no guidance for anyone traveling through this new year.  All I can say is that today is a gift given us without regard to justice or merit.  What we do with it is up to us.  

Bob Dylan is singing in my ears, “….come in she says I will give you shelter from the storm.” As I listen to bard of Hibbing  I am thinking of a variety of things.  It is Michigan.  It is January 2,  The ground is clear and the temperature is in the 40s.  This is odd.  If it stays this way it will be freakish.  The sun is flooding into my writing spot.  Warm golden rays of light, oh they feel so good.

Today I printed off a number 7 in an interesting font.  I have taped it to my door.  I will be doing this each day until next Friday.  Each day as I whack off another day on the time remaining for servitude calendar, I am going to let others know what is going on.

Right now as I sit here I am thinking about the trip out to Michigan in 1974 that started this particular adventure for me.  The sun was shinning on most of that trip.  We stayed a little bit away from where I would be going to university.  As I lay in bed that night before I arrived at Butterfield Hall, Michigan State University, I shook with anxiety and fear. By the end of the next day the fear I felt was gone and I was engaged in the adventure.

Emotionally I am doing the same thing right now as I did that night in late September 1974.  I am just not sure what happens Monday January 13, 2020.  Hopefully, just like in September 1974 I will move forward with a sense of adventure.  We will see.




No comments: