Saturday, January 18, 2020

Saturday Snow



18 January 2020 (Saturday)

Awoke today. The folks at the NWS weren’t wrong this time.  Out across this suburban landscape is a covering of six inches of dense heavy snow.  Looks as if winter has actually set in.  All the grime is gone hidden beneath winter’s blanket.  Of course, the Subaru Outback is buried under that same white blanket.

Breakfast was, as it will be for the next several days, oatmeal and fruit; apples, bananas, blackberries, raspberries and blueberries.  A little cream and a couple of pecans, a glass of orange juice and some hot decaf and the meal was complete. I like a soundtrack to my life indoors so I put on some Willie Nelson.  God’s Problem Child, yeah I feel some empathy toward the character singing that tale.

When my belly was full, I headed out to the garage and the snowblower.  My poor little battery powered snow blower was not really up to this task.  The SnoJoe could have gotten the job done, but it would have taken a couple of attempts over maybe an hour and a half.  

My neighbor, a clean and courteous Canadian from Edmonton, Alberta came over and did what clean and courteous Canadians always do, he pitched in to help with his snowblower.  In twenty five minutes the front of the house was functional pathway wise. The clean and courteous thing, that is a riff from an old National Lampoon.  The gent seems to be a very nice guy.

Before I went outside I got a fire going in the wood stove.  The weirdo cat is now lying in front of the fireplace. She is gazing into the glass door of stove. My cat is probably really Angelique from Dark Shadows.

Yesterday I bought a new computer.  My old laptop was five or six years old.  It still works but it was sooooo slow.  Got the new one and ran into a weird problem.  The new machine right out of the box told me I had updates to run but it wouldn’t let me run them.  1/2 hour on the phone with Apple support last night got me nowhere.  Ten minutes with Apple support this morning and the problem was completely resolved.  

Today is more sorting of things not needed for life going on post retirement kind of day.  I have a great number of things that need to be put in the VOA pile, or into boxes for much longer term storage.


Have a great Saturday all.

No comments: