Saturday, January 19, 2019

Missed Music

Taking a moment from the great cleaning.  (The great cleaning will be going on over the next 360 days.). 

As I move out of dusty closets with newspaper globes and stuffed moose dolls, I take on the kitchen for a short minute.  A great ham dinner was made tonight.  It was delicious and came from a MSU hog. While doing this quick clean up I put Mary Chapin Carpenter’s The Calling.  Never heard it before.  Really rather nice.  Good stuff, still relevant too.


Funny how things happen.  This is twice in the past two days I have stumbled upon a good recording that an artist put out after I gave up on them.  Sometimes they have a huge hit or two, just really solid packed CDs and then the next two have just a few songs that past muster.  Later on after members of their audience like me move on they put out a really solid set of songs.  With the constant stream of incoming signals we have been diverted and don’t hear this later good stuff. Glad I took the chance.

No comments: