Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Cold



01-22-19 Tuesday

The past 48 hours have been very tough weather wise.  Snow fell and then the temperatures fell.  When I went out to the automobile yesterday my smart phone told me that it was 11 below zero based on the Fahrenheit scale.  Very cold was the morn.  The daytime temperatures never really got above 5F or so.

I had taken Friday off because I wanted a four-day weekend, yesterday being the birthday of Dr. Martin Luther King and a national holiday.  On Friday I worked, I had a project due.  Came in a little late, left a bit late.  The State of Michigan got a full eight hours out of me so I retracted the day off request.  Yesterday, in that I had to get up and get coffee and the like ready for my wife I got up and came in to prep for this week.  I spent about four hours getting four days’ worth of materials prepared for hearing.

Went home and thought I would spend it with my sons.  Nope, one went to campus to study.  The other went to campus to write.  Me I spent about two hours sorting things to yard sale and putting things in places where they out to be.  I think next weekend I will be doing more of that.  Everyone tells me that when you are thinking about heading out you really should start way in advance with the winnowing.

No comments: