Saturday, September 1, 2012

How I Spent a Free Day


Friday, August 31, 2012

The breakfast is done for those of us who eat breakfast.  Morning repast today was a mushroom cheddar omelet with a dash of B & B for flavor with Kenyan coffee on the side.   (Me I am still drinking decaf.) 
Mary Chapin Carpenter is on the stereo.  While on holiday a couple of weeks back a friend had asked me whatever had happened to Ms. Carpenter.  I told her that I had seen a recent CD but that I hadn’t heard it.  Last night while at Best Buy I saw the disc for $9.99 I thought how could I go wrong? Thus I bought it. 
The tunes are different.  The music is beautiful but the themes are dark. I am also listening to Jann Arden and to Rosanne Cash.  Ladies day on the CD juke box or so it seems.

As the music plays the delicates are in the washing machine.  Yesterday’s dishes are in the dishwasher going swoosh, swoosh, and swoosh. I have pulled out the kids expired passports and now I prepare to experience the post office.  Arggh. Did I mention I am dying to hear the last disk of On the Road?  When last we left Dean and Sal they were smoking the hugest bomber ever with a bunch of Mexican men somewhere deep in Mexico.  

(Later)

4 loads of laundry later and the day of house work is done.  I made chicken noodle soup for dinner from scratch, beans, peas, potatoes, noodles, chicken, shallots, chicken stock, carrots and fresh tomatoes.  With some cibatta bread on the side it seemed to go over quite well. I ran out of milk today.  Thus I had to go to Sam’s Club.  On the trip to and from we took a circuitous route.  On the Road is over.  Really I think I appreciate the writing farm more than I did when I was 14.

No comments: