Thursday, February 23, 2017

Sunshine daydream



Sometimes a bit of joy comes at you sideways. It is the middle of February and the temperature is near 60° in Michigan. I'm walking outside wearing only my shirt sleeves. Who would ever hit believe this possible, not me.

Trust me I'll take this. The sun had been out earlier and it was delicious to feel it on my face. The sky still has a bright glow put some clouds are moving in. My guess is that this will bring the end of false spring. It's OK we're not supposed to experience unfettered happiness all the time. Without the bitter the sweet would not taste as wonderful as it does.

I could start humming some old tunes and get lost wandering around this afternoon. Still, I have work to do. Despite the glorious nature of the day I will tend to my task. Celebrate the small things, a warm day, a ray of sunshine or a good hearty laugh.

No comments: