Thursday, February 23, 2017

Good News

I had started a note while I was in the urologist waiting room on my laptop. I was an hour early for my appointment. My thought was that it would give me a little time to do some writing. It was also necessitated by the fact that it didn't cost me anything to get there an hour early because my wife could drop me off on her way to work and I wouldn't have to pay for a cab. To my surprise they called me in for my appointment almost immediately.

Talking to the doctor actually was a pretty positive experience. According to the doctor my chances of prostate cancer return have dropped precipitously now because at the 10 year mark after surgery there is a steep decline in the recurrence rates. That was good news. 

I am dictating this as I'm waiting for my Uber. Apple has  really upped their game on voice recognition software. There is an occasional mistake here and there but for the most part the dictation is close to flawless.

(Time passes)

I took a break from writing because my Uber driver showed up. Riding with the gentleman I found out that his main job is working as an orderly for community mental health. A rather big guy, his job is to subdue patients who are becoming unruly and unmanageable.

 He actually seemed like a relatively gentle spirit. We talked about the medications that are given to control bipolar disorder. We both know that while very effective lithium destroys the liver of the user. I tried to give him a tip and he wouldn't take it.

After I got out I refreshed my coffee at the Biggby here. I got one of my favorite barista's  to pose for a portrait. I'm playing around a lot with the portrait imaging in the Apple camera. It is really a rather nice feature.

I will spend most of the day writing an order on the hearing I help yesterday. It will be very time-consuming and rather emotionally draining. This is my life. This is everyone's life. A little joy a lot of work.

No comments: