Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Judge Not

Thomas Merton in his daily musings for today found in my little book of his journal entries talks about Ecclesiastes.  Paraphrasing the scripture he says, “Don’t argue about matters that don’t concern you, and when sinners judge, do not sit in counsel with them.” Carefully perhaps mindfully engaging the matters of my daily life as opposed to the quarrels of others seems to be a very good thought to start off the week.  Keep focused on those issues of ours like putting bread on the table, offering love to those who need it and doing the just and right thing this is what we need to do. When the world makes decisions that are guided by ill purpose don’t sign on. I know I won’t live up to this in the coming week, but if I come back to it from time to time maybe I will do better than I would have otherwise.  

No comments: