Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Water and Growth

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Michigan summer day is coming on with all its heat and humidity. Rain passed by yesterday with just pounding torrents. The soil around my tomatoes had gotten hard packed from the recent and continuing lack of rain. My youngest is charged with watering the plants regularly. He forgets.
When I headed out to the hybrid this morning to come to the office I did a walk around our plants. Following that hard rain they seemed to have perked up. I guess the trade off between heat and humidity and home grown tomatoes is a very good one.
Today’s Buddhist quote from Tricycle’s Daily Dharma is one that caught my mind as I was thinking about tomatoes and work and how old my car is and why I didn’t sleep well last night.
Feathers in the Wind
Instead of focusing on some thoughts and feelings and pushing away others, just look at them as feathers flying in the wind. The wind is your awareness, your inborn openness and clarity.
- Tsoknyi Rinpoche, "Feathers are Harmless"


No comments: