Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Autumn

 
Posted by Picasa


Autumn is the best time of the year. Today I stopped for a moment and noticed Mid-Michigan is well into fall. With the demands of parenting the time just seems to fly by. As I walk I pray for a few quiet moments of awareness. I look into the blue sky and I know it will not be this way for long. Still and warm the morning snow cannot be far off.
\
On the Capitol lawn the maples are gold and red. The red one I looked at was well past prime. About half the leaves had fallen. But there was an organic beauty to appreciate in what I saw. Life and it cycles.

1974-2010, 36 years I have watched this place as it changed from summer to fall and then onto to spring. There is a serene beauty in the maples that I will never comprehend. Maybe it is serenity I will never comprehend.

The sound track for this world is not George Winston, although his Autumn is a great disc to get laid by, or it was when I was in my late 20s. Me I am listening to a deep rhythmic groove called The Ghetto by Donny Hathaway. Deep vocals and kind of a mild afro Cuban feel and I keep stride in the wonder of golden autumn.

No comments: