Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Wheee!



Last night I went to the rink with my child. He was going to try out for a hockey team that he in most likelihood will not make. He knew that, I knew that but we both agreed the experience would be good.

Memories of the ages now gone haunt you when you are doing something like this in. When he was little I would put him in the wagon and drag him about. One of the biggest games we had in those days was the one where you lift him from the ground to above your head quickly and say wheeeeeee!!!!. I would laugh, he would laugh. Life was simple and pleasure was very direct.

When my child was measured at the tryout the coach yelled out his height, “six foot something”. When Primus stepped on the scale the coach read off his weight, "201 pounds." Gosh, I guess this means no more games of wheeeeee!!!!

No comments: