Saturday, May 29, 2010

Shadows and Light II - - The Power of the Written Word

 


Earlier in the day I noticed that on my wife’s laptop my blog piece on Shadows and Light was open. Normally I don’t share my posts before I put them up and thus she has to read them online like anyone else who cares. Given that my spouse is a writer and an editor I would be too intimidated to have her go over my piece in advance. While the readability quotient would go up, the fear of judgment would be too high.

Nothing was said about the piece. What I had intended the entry to be, was a piece about the early evening. What it ended up as was a call to action. We went shopping today. Purchased items included a green outdoor extension cord, a green staked extension cord with three sockets and a variety of other fix up the house items. As you can see the fountain is connected, the table has been set up properly and cleaned and a lovely little back yard vista has come to be. Oh yes the reel mower has been put to work and the lawn is cut.

Words have power. Words motivate action. The end result of words expressed is rarely what you think they will be.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

John Lee said...

It was more of a case of "great minds like a think" I already had my mental to do list going before I read your blog - and getting the back patio in order (and fountain working) was at the top of my list.

It does make the space back there nicer - especially being able to plug in the tunes and listen to Gregorian Chants over dinner.

ONEWORLD said...

Looks like a nice shady haven from the summer heat.