Friday, July 25, 2008

A Moment for Understanding

I liked this. It kind of sums my feeling today. However it does of course require that I quit my job and become an itinerant wandering around like Cane in Kung Fu.

“The great obligation of a Christian is to prove himself to be one by hating no person that is by condemning no being, by rejecting no soul. It is a sign of weakness in our commitment to a holy life that so many who claim to be faithful are so impatient with others and they fume at them and verbally damn them. They without hesitation dismiss whole classes, races and nations. Again, hate no one, condemn no one, and reject no one if you mean to live in the sacred.”

5 comments:

John and Vicki Boyd said...

Does that mean we must clean up our language too?

DAMN!!

ONEWORLD said...

Do I have to make nice with those people that drive in the left hand lane, slowly, even if they are not passing?

Sue Schimmel Ward said...

Wait! Does that mean I've got to stop the commentary (on the churchgoers) on the way home from Sunday services? I'm going to HELL.

gmanitou said...

All right I offer one moment of quiet introspection and it comes to this, I will stick to the secular.

Richard said...

Oh, no, Jay. Don't do that. Go all secular and crap on us, that is. The world has enough of that. You keep feeding us the good guy bullshit and we'll return fire with snark and things will be as they should be, now and forever, amen. I hate those bleep-bleepers in the left lane, slow, too. God help me...