Tuesday, February 11, 2020

Practicalities


11 February 2020

Not quite eight a.m. and I am waiting for a contractor.  When I had some work done in the Fall it disclosed some other problems that needed to be remedied.  These are not big problems, but still it is dollars out of my pocket.  A single-family house is, and always has been, and always will be, a money pit.

Yesterday I did practical things.  I moved as many of my recurring bills to auto pay, gas, phone, electric and the like.  I figured that if I am going to be away from here for long periods, I had better not have to rely on any form of mail forwarding services including my children. Going paperless makes sense.

Just need to take care of a couple more things and I can nail down the housing situation in Lisboa. Yes, I am a little nervous but what the heck, life is until it isn’t.  So, I better damn well make the best of it.

Note the contractor came and did some of the demolition for the work I needed.  I was fixing the walls and ceiling in my breezeway.  When he tore out the ceiling of the breezeway four five-gallon buckets of walnuts fell upon him.  Apparently, the space between the house and the garage above the breezeway was the neighborhood squirrel larder for winter walnuts. This additional issue will be remedied.

No comments: