Monday, November 26, 2018

Too Old, Too Cranky


Got up early today. Dressing warmly, I went out on my first snow blowing mission of the day, there will be more.  The forecast is for 4-8 inches of heavy wet snow, heart attack snow.  Based on this forecast there will be at least two trips for me into the white world.  Earlier there was between two and three inches of snow on the ground.  In that my snow machine will only clear six or so inches in such a scenario I will have to go out twice.  Exercise.  It all counts as exercise.

 

Seems a familiar story in Michigan and Ontario, snow on American Thanksgiving or very near Thanksgiving.  I have been stuck travelling on this holiday at least three times.  Two times have been in recent years tied to snow-ice-snow storms making a multi lane highway undriveable.  Once was in 1974 when I got snowed in on the Ohio Turnpike near Sandusky at an old Howard Johnsons Service Plaza.  Had to sleep on the floor using my coat as a pillow.  The Turnpike was closed for 18 hours.  What a heck of a time that was. 

 

Next year I plan to be somewhere that lacks snow.  You get old.  You get cranky.  You get tired of the extremes. 

No comments: