Friday, August 14, 2015

Estimated Time of Departure

The hour at which one departs can vary the experience of the journey immensely. As little as 15 minutes of delay can increase the air temperature by three or 4°.  Additionally the traffic Increases ! exponentially

Although my hearing is diminished I can hear the trilling and chirping of birds everywhere along with the crunch of acorns under my feet. Despite how "modern" our modern age is become newspapers still wait expectantly for their purchasers to retrieve them wearing only a bathrobe.

I have never been a morning person. But my walks to my office over this summer have been taken with my eyes wide open. My steps through the green canopy above these neighborhoods have convinced me that this is a very beautiful time of day.


No comments: