Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Magic

I picked up a card the other day at small store in the Old Town section of Lansing, Michigan. The card states it is a tree free greeting implying only recyclables have been used in its creation. Such a thing is a plus.

What really caught my attention was that the exterior envelop contained the following inscription:

THERE ARE STILL A FEW REMNANTS OF MAGIC LEFT IN THIS WORLD

What a great thing to say. What a hopeful thing to say.

Do I believe in wizards wielding wands, crones stirring despicable ingredients and hope against hope kids turning time back magic? No. Do I believe in a twinkle in the eye do a good random deed magic? Ubetcha. Do I believe in the magic of a word well spoken? Yes, yes I do.

The magic left is this world is a combination of the passion and good that is within our hearts; it is manifested in the good we act on. A kind word, a hopeful (hope-filled?) note or an act that is for the betterment of the world no matter how small and unseen; these are all magic.

Dig out that remnant of magic within yourself. Act with magic before the sun sets.

No comments: