Thursday, November 18, 2010

Little Happy Moments

Mostly I use this blog to reflect and recollect about things that I have experienced. A great deal of my focus for these pieces comes from looking backward. Wistfulness, bitterness, gauzy memories these are the things that I set down in what I write. Today I want to look sideways.

Good things have happened of late. I have reason for joy in my life. Joy no matter how small must be savored and celebrated.

For whatever reason my oldest son, the one that is ASD is doing well in school. The first marking period has passed and he has an A – average. I understand this could be better, but it is far better than what it was last year. It makes me really, really happy to see him excel. He also seems to be getting into the rhythm of dealing with other people. He still does not want to look people in the eyes but he can make some small talk working off a rudimentary script he has internalized.

These are good things, real good things.

Last night I received my election certificate in the mail. An election certificate comes in the mail to verify that the post you sought has been obtained. Why I ran is God’s own mystery but run I did. To come out on top is really a unique feeling. It wasn’t like I got a mandate I won my less than 2% of the vote but I won. This too is good.

While the giddiness over each of these things will not last, I am happy for now.

1 comment:

John and Vicki Boyd said...

COngratulations on the first, good luck on the second (the election). NOW you have to go to work. But enjoy the opportunity to make an even greater difference.

J