Thursday, July 22, 2010

A Sunday Should be Well Spent




Lazy Sunday brings with it a vibrant feeling of life when it comes. In a sunlit room with wood floors I make time to read Prince Valiant.

Reading the old fashioned strip is not an obligation but rather a habit. I read Prince Valiant when I was young and thought things like, “Geez this is slow and boring” and “When will this every get to some action”. Now I savor the fact that I only have to read the story once a week and I am current.

By saying I “make time to read Prince Valiant" I mean I have the opportunity, the down moment in which to waste my time in an idle pleasure. Our world we live in is too fast. We have lost any sense that we can ever rest. Culturally we went from to hand to mouth existence to a time of leisure society in less than a century. In less that three decades we are now back at fighting for our day's morsels.

Still I think we need to carve out downtime. Rest beyond sleep is important.

The pictures are from a Sunday afternoon spent wandering about a county park on Vancouver Island. I think the shot of my youngest all those many years ago is a thing of beauty.



No comments: