Saturday, March 27, 2010

Daylight on the Morning Fields

Sometimes when I am driving about I pick up a mix disk I made a long time ago and throw it into the CD player. Today as I was on my way to breakfast before a day of errands I threw one of those disks in. Bruce Cockburn starting singing,

Don't the hours grow shorter as the days go by,

You never get to stop and open your eyes

One day you're waiting for the sky to fall

And next you're dazzled by the beauty of it all

When you're lovers in a dangerous time

Lovers in a dangerous time

Yeah sometimes a lyric will just blast beyond the mundane questions. Before I heard this I was thinking about where I had stashed my shovel at end of last fall. Suddenly I was looking out the window at the promise of spring and the living awakening things that surrounded me. A good lyric will do that for you. Enjoy. PS You don't have to listen to the post performance banter but it is interesting.

No comments: