Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Boring Monday


Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Last night I spent the evening being a couch potato mostly. In reality I lay on the living room floor with a pillow and watched a trashy spy comedy and followed it up with a police procedural.

Oh I did get off the flow. For about 45 minutes I worked on a blog post about a TV show I had seen over the weekend. It required more time and I felt too tired so it is still in draft. After I stopped writing I did a little poking around on the internet looking at various sites to see what might catch my interest. About the most intriguing thing I saw was a truck that an animator had crafted a flashing series of illustrations around that looked like neon lights. Such a little thing, but it made me giggle.

The evening was not a total waste. Francie and I went to the nearest coffee shop to use the free latte coupon that everyone, and I mean everyone, in the community was taking advantage of. The nearest store in the chain refused to honor it. However the second nearest did accept it. A butter latte was had and it was good.

Also accomplished was a trip to the local service station. Secundus and I filled our bike tires with air. We then on bikes with inflated tires went to the library to pick up some music to transfer onto the laptop. I rather enjoyed the Vampire Weekend: Contra disk we found. It is a little hard to explain why the music caught my ear but mostly it is because of the CD’s infectious up beat pop.

Today’s meditation is:

Divine grace is working; therefore I am on my way to being healed.

It is comforting, whether true or not, to think that grace an elegant gift of love is working to make us whole. Really I kind of throw in with Norman Vincent Peale, if you believe in the positive and act in a positive manner there is a better than average chance that things will improve. Grace doesn’t necessary have to flow from without, it can flow from within.