Wednesday, March 4, 2020

2020's Warm Breeze



Winter, still sunshine falls warm cutting through this cold day. Down vest buttoned as I walk, I will gladly take the warmth. I accept the gracious gift in this moment at this place of the sun’s glow. The world around me hopefully accepts my soft steps across this land. 

Snow has retreated from the landscape. In the daylight, the white ground cover has withdrawn from it earth bound position back into the sky.  Or it may have fallen into drains to be taken back to a reunion with some distant sea. White snow pack has become brown earth with tips now of green protruding.

I have lived this moment so many times over decades. Each time my heart changes, my mood lifts. Each time I am wary of the promise, yet each time I surrender to the hope of spring.  You know, you must believe in spring. A warm moment can melt my heart of stone chiseled into its hardened shape by the artic winds of January and February. I must believe in spring.

No comments: