Monday, June 17, 2019

Wet Monday in June


I am beginning a week of medical testing. First stop this morning is a stress test. Later in the week I meet with the neurologist. Then I see an orthopedist. Finally I wrap it up with the CAT scan on Friday. 63, the age when it all falls apart.

To prepare for the stress test I am walking the mile from my house to the nearest bus stop. I am trying to keep up enough of a pace that my Apple Watch will count it as exercise. Damn judgmental thing that Apple Watch. My normal walk will not do. I have to get my heart rate up to a certain number of beats per minute or just shrugs. Right now I am at 93 bpm.

My high school class got together for our 45th reunion. Everybody looked happy in the pictures. I didn’t go. Basically between spending all the money I spent on sending my wife and son to Portugal and all the money I’m spending on having my basement steps re-done, it just didn’t make economic sense.

It looked like they had a good time. The picture was of a bunch of smiling happy people enjoying each other‘s company. Really kind of wished I could’ve been there. If the creek don’t rise I’ll go to the 50th.

I should mention I haven’t seen this much wet weather in forever. It has been raining nonstop for weeks now. Nonstop as an exaggeration. We will have a day here in a day there when it’s dry. But the ground never dries out before the next rain. The forecast for this week is rain on four and possibly five of the seven days. All my appendages are wrinkly. Wet too.

My friend Rufus and I have sworn off reading Facebook for the next week. I will be posting my morning walks here on my blog.  I will be responding to messenger. So if you need to get a hold of me message me. Have a great week.

1 comment:

John and Vicki Boyd said...

Hope all is well with you, my friend. Your schedule sounds like Vicki’s.......doc to tests to more docs to more tests to “a procedure”. To a doc telling you “well, if you’ve gotta have (insert condition here——-), this is the kind to have”. Be well, pal.