Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Let Me Up I Have Had Enough


Not many posts on my part of late.  You can lay the blame on depression or perhaps malaise. I am not seeing our current situation as a glass half full scenario.  Nope, no way in hell do I think what is coming is going to be good.

 

But what can I do?  Not much really.  I can vote in elections.  I can go to my state party’s events and the like, but other than that I am stuck with the same government everybody else has. Me, I don’t like it. 

 

Some of my friends don’t like the leader but believe that overall good will come of this.  The distilled argument is that we have allowed government to do too much for us for too long and it has stripped up of our self-reliance. The corollary to this is that the government is making decisions in areas where it ought not be treading.

 

I understand the argument.  I agree that there needs to be a paring down of various government intrusions into life and a winnowing of social benefits.  But…and this is a big issue, we cannot abandon the poorest and neediest among us.

 

Me, I don’t have the energy for what comes next in the battle royal that the next set of elections will bring. I am working on my escape plan.

 

If my body holds out, in less than two years I will retire.  When that happens is I am going to sell my home here in Michigan and head out for other parts.  Currently the thinking is that we will look for some seaside port on the Atlantic or Mediterranean.  It is time to learn to live in another world before I shuffle off this mortal coil.  Can’t think of much else I want besides seafood, salt air and the very occasional beer. 

 

What I don’t need is this, “Same untruths from an utterly untruthful president. #AlertTheDaycareStaff”.    Thank you Senator Corker for summing it up.

No comments: