Sunday, April 24, 2016

Warm but Sickly



Today I am a little under the weather.   My oldest son had some crud Tuesday and Wednesday that involved a body ache and general malaise.  On Saturday he had a very nasty GI thing.  Me, today I got the aches and malaise.  Instead of 10,000 steps this fine day I am shooting for maybe 3,000.  

 

Prone on the floor I have watched a little television.  It is a free movie channel weekend.  Really not much on but I watched a bit of family drama.  Father trying to come to terms with not being the father he felt he was supposed to have been.  It was not really good but it was the kind of thing that pulls just a little at a 60 year old man’s heartstrings. Boy do I wish Robert DeNiro had somebody that would slap him and say, “Bobbie, don’t do this suck ass script.  Think of your legacy man.”

 

I did grab a cup of decaffeinated coffee earlier.  What I saw when I ventured out of the house was the promise of real spring.  On one of our lot lines there is a daffodil popping up in bright glorious late April yellow.  Simple and maybe pedestrian but the daffodil was just so alive.  So wonderful. Oh well back to the Tylenol and the big comfy pillow.





No comments: