Friday, April 17, 2015

Warm Day Cold Missouri Waters



April 17, 2015

My hope was that today would be a productive day.  Having previewed my work most of my cases are what you would call relatively challenging.  These are people with long term arrest histories and years of daily alcohol and/or drug use.  I also have to polish up what I wrote yesterday and then field phone calls and complaints.  You don’t tell people “no” without having to take a few calls and review some older materials.  So far the slogging is slow.  Two orders are just partially completed..

At the end of the day I want to go see a small folk concert with my youngest son.  There are three performers calling themselves the Men of Words.  The only one of them I am passingly familiar with is the gent who wrote “Cold Missouri Waters” about the Mann Gulch disaster.  I have heard some of his other songs on the Pandora Stan Rogers station.  At least he should be good but often on these three way bills you come across a gem you didn’t know about before. Here is to discovery.

The radio this morning said it was going to go up to 23 today.  Yeah I use my phone to stream the Toronto CBC morning feed to the big assed blue tooth speaker in the kitchen.  I know 23 is warm and my guess is that it mean the lower 70s.  I tried to look up the simple cheat sheet formula for this but my computer hung up on the search. One of these days I will learn the conversion formula. The ride in was clear and the sun was bright.

I am not going to dwell on bigger ideas today.  Monday is my last birthday that I will acknowledge.  As I wrap my head around that I will probably go running to the quotes and to the volumes of the great thinkers.  Today I am just looking forward to lunch with my wife and son.


No comments: