Thursday, October 2, 2014

Reflection

Thursday, this be a cold day. Dark and drear the hangs the sky.  A grey pall lies over the fading greens of summer. The muted light quiets the bursting golds and bright reds of autumn.  

 

A soundtrack for this day would be a raw edged ballad about loss and longing, Steve Earle singing in his whiskey and cigarette ravaged voice about some love gone bad to bullets.

 

I will walk this day a see what there is that can catch an eye and provide joy to a weary spirit.  The common cold has overtaken me and I ache. Worse yet I have liquid oozing from my nostrils and Kleenex are flying off my desk.  Still I will stuff a wad of tissues in my pockets and head off.  A walk it is then.

 

[Time Passes]

 

In the shades of grey in which the world is draped I found a small wonder.  Walking by the office of an insurance screening agency I caught my image in the mirrored glass.  I looked a window ahead and there it was.  A tree showing all the glory of fall reflected in a distorted softened image.  Like I said a walk can provide joy for a weary spirit.

No comments: