Thursday, April 3, 2014

Spring Peace

In this world there is no easy path. Rich or poor, there is no way that one can follow that with absolute certainty will bring joy. Joy is probably the wrong word, maybe equanimity. I disdain joy more and more as I age. Maybe disdain is also the wrong world, it perhaps is too strong a word. I think the Eastern thinkers have it right joy and pain must both be seen as the imposters that they are.

Last night as I watched my youngest son sing, I felt a peace knowing he was feeling joy. Last night as I watched the choir work through their song I appreciated their attempt at connection that that greater common human experience that lay beyond themselves. I smiled. It was not an easy path to this point. It won’t last. But there was peace for a moment.

1 comment:

John and Vicki Boyd said...

Well said. Remember those days.