Saturday, March 8, 2014

Day 60 of 365 (on writing)

On my iPhone I have downloaded the Blogger application. Of all the various applications I have on this electronic marvel Blogger works particularly well. The voice recognition component is pretty solid. The ease-of-use is also very good.

My problem with it is that I tend to think best when I'm sitting at a keyboard. There is something about seeing words appear one by one on the screen that makes the thought process work differently for me. It is clearly different from the process of dictation. I learned this early on in my legal career. As other attorneys in the office were using small tapes they would hand off to secretaries create their motions and briefs I would be crafting my work at a computer.

I guess you could see say I'm one of those visual people. Today I am forced to draft this entry by dictation. Secundus has headed off taking my laptop with him. Such is life. I want my keyboard back.


No comments: