Monday, May 13, 2013

The Breeze Blew By and Left Life Behind

Monday, May 13, 2013

Although the upcoming day has it challenges, bills, work that I am behind on and correspondence to take care of my gloom was dispelled by my wife. On the way in I verbalized how I was so concerned about what my children were doing in their lives. She pointed on the youngest had been stellar at his choir concert on Friday. The refrain, “It is all fun and games being a pirate, until somebody loses an eye,” was ringing around the house all weekend. The oldest was a physics Olympiad team. While his device did not work the team still won the Olympiad for the second year in a row. More importantly he was clearly “part of the team,” while we were there.

After she said these words I left the car and entered my office. I am first in today and my coffee tastes good as I sit in the silence getting ready to face the day. As I contemplate my strategy it is clear to me that I must be open to what will come. Nothing may work out or maybe everything will. I guess that is what the whole Buddhist approach to life is. Take it as it is and accept it as it is without illusion of joy or pain.

No comments: