Thursday, April 2, 2009

Stimulus, mental and fiscal

Lunch time is here and I am sitting in a coffee shop listening to Dar Williams sing “I will not be afraid of women.” All I can say is that this does not apply equally to me. Fear of those with two Xs (okay at least caution) has always proved the most prudent course for me. I am just saying.

There is something wonderful about being in friendly place with good music on the music system. In the course of the few minutes I can stay here I can hear the good ole Grateful Dead, Snow Patrol, Led Zeppelin, Sandy Denny and some old Gaelic thing that has a chorus about being drunk again. You shouldn’t sit at your desk all of lunch. The mind and the body need to wander. Support the economy, buy a latte today.

1 comment:

ONEWORLD said...

I would do as you ask if I ever got lunch. As it is I am lucky if I get a chance to pee.